Did you know bathroom renovations can add great value to your property? A bathroom is one of the most important rooms to renovate, especially if you have an old, icky, outdated bathroom. When it comes to Sydney home renovations, homeowners are stuck wondering where to begin. This ultimate guide gives you details on the basics of bathroom renovation and what you should consider before starting it.
Create a Plan
When you decide on renovating your bathroom, sit with your home renovation specialists in Sydney, to create a plan to decide on what to consider. You can discuss with them the options that you want to narrow down or add, and adjusting the layout and style. Before deciding on an update, you must also ensure whether there will be sufficient space to incorporate the changes you would like.
Fix a Budget
Home or apartment renovations in Sydney is an expensive process, especially bathroom renovation. So, set a clear budget before beginning the renovations because the costs may soar high if you aren’t planning it ahead. Talk to your renovators to decide a budget that you want to spend for the particular project and make sure that it’s understood by all the parties. This is a great way to ensure that you stay on budget.
Aware of the Renovation Process
Once you have completed the plan for your bathroom renovation, start outlining the different stages of the project. Each project follows different steps and here we’ve listed some of the common stages of renovation.
- Initially, the home renovation specialists in Sydney will remove all the fittings, fixtures and tiling that is no longer required in the bathroom. Some renovators will also take care of the removal of the demolished elements to make sure that there are no mess left behind.
- Then they will prepare the wiring and piping, so that installation can be easily done for all the new bathroom fittings and fixture locations are finalised.
- After the completion of wiring and piping, waterproofing and wall linings will be installed to protect your bathroom from leaks and moisture build up, which could lead to mould and water damage.
- The next process is tiling, and every homeowner will be excited at this stage as they can finally see how their bathroom is taking shape. It is done to protect the floors and walls, and to create the foundation for the attractive and stylish design of your new bathroom.
- The professionals will install bathroom fixtures including vanity, toilet, bath, tapware, accessories, lighting and power over your beautiful new tiles.
- Final adjustments are made, and shower screen and mirrors are installed.