Why is it important to make your home look expensive? There are many reasons “luxurious” Sydney home renovations can be advantageous. One, “luxurious” Sydney home renovations can make your home be perceived as higher in value. This is great if you’re planning to sell your home, especially at a higher price. Second, premium-looking upgrades can be perfect when you’re hosting an upcoming family or friend gathering. Lastly, these attractive upgrades can make your living space more relaxing. It’s perfect when you love staying at home all the time.
Sydney Home Renovations Secret to Making Your Home Look Expensive
- Highlight pre-existing features – Now, you don’t need to completely strip off your room and change everything. Take note of its preexisting features. What features are already expensive-looking? Does it have crown moulding, hardwood floors, built-in bookshelves and fancy home accents? All you need to do is turn them into the focal point of the room.
- Upgrade your lighting – And no, it’s not just about how bright your lightbulb is. Although, that may certainly affect the ambience of the room. It can also be about the design of your light source. Your luminaires in the living room or lamps in the dining room should be upgraded, if you want to see your space in a whole different light.
- Have fun revamping your throw pillows – Throw pillows can brighten a room, and they’re easy to make. They’re also affordable to buy. However, you don’t need to buy new pillows. You can just buy a pillow cover with crisp luxurious colours. But don’t go overboard on the number of throw pillows you put on your couch.
- Take advantage of neutrals – In fashion, people often wear monochrome colours or neutral shades to look fancier. It’s not different from your home. An easy and inexpensive way to make your room look fancier is by painting it in a neutral shade. You can also replace your old furniture with ones in a neutral hue.
- Upgrade your towels – Who could ever think that towels can make or break how your home looks? But it’s important to remember, expensive resorts and hotels use fancy towels. So ditch those dingy old bath towels, and upgrade your towels like it’s that of a spa.
- Create a DIY “built-ins” – The following inexpensive trick will give you the look of built-in cabinets. Place several bookshelves floor to ceiling to create this luxurious look.
- Upgrade your hardware – Updating your kitchen or bathroom’s look with some new hardware is a quick and inexpensive way to enhance its appearance. You can try coordinating the door handles and drawer handles of the towel bar.
- Add art on the walls – Ever seen rich people bid millions on art? However, art doesn’t need to cost millions to add that luxurious feel to your home. You can add family photos, DIY art and framed words. Aside from making your home look luxurious, they can make it feel more like home. It’s also fun creating this artwork and can be a perfect bonding time with your family.
- Landscape your garden – Almost every home in a magazine has a stunning landscape. While you don’t need to spend a fortune to design your garden, you can add new plants or flower beds. Simple upgrades like these can make your home look expensive at a low cost.
- Add a tile backsplash – A tile backsplash can be an affordable option that never goes out of style. It’s perfect for those looking to make their kitchen look more luxurious.
- Accessorize your room – Don’t know how? It’s as simple as looking at magazines for inspiration. They are the perfect source of ideas and inspiration when accessorizing a room. The fun part is, you can make your own budget-friendly version of what you see on the magazine.
- Try crown moulding – There are a variety of designs you can choose from. But a great way to make a home look luxurious is by following a more simplistic design. Doing so can enhance a room without overpowering it. It’s also perfect for hiding any wall imperfections that can make the room look outdated.
- Update old and outdated fixtures – If you’re excited to give your home a high-end sheen, you should start by updating old or broken fixtures. Examples of these are knobs, drawer pulls, light switch plates and handles.
- Higher ceilings – Billion dollar mansions often have really high ceilings. While you don’t need to reconstruct your home, you can just make an illusion of a higher ceiling. How? Just raise your window treatment. Hang the drapes high and make the curtains reach the floor. You can also purposely use low slung furniture to make a ceiling look higher. Tall and slim mirrors can make the illusion of more space. Use a single colour to create an “extended look” from the ceiling to the walls. Or, you can add a vertical stripe wallpaper.
- Add mirrors – A bigger space is a more expensive space. Create this illusion by adding mirrors (with fancy frames) around the home. They also bounce light that makes your home look brighter.
- Rugs provide coziness to a room – The ground furnishings can also add a sense of interest to an area. Make sure a portion of the feet of your furniture touches it. Choose a neutral-coloured area rug to complement any colour scheme in your home.
- Remove anything old or ugly – What if your home was already expensive looking? Except, there are items that are keeping it from looking that way. Get rid of old or ugly items such as old cabinets, wall paint and doorknobs.
The COVID-19 brought our lives to a screeching halt — leaving us with nothing but vacant highways of distress, empty classrooms of missed milestones, and the fear of never getting back to our conventional lives. And it sure did bring the ‘comfort of our homes’ to a definite level — Sydney home renovations is present as life revolved around the four corners of our abode. But now that our calendar has switched to 2021, it brings a fresh feeling of goal and clarity to many of us as we discern our way towards adapting this new lifestyle and making our home conducive to productivity. Well lucky for you, Sydney Home Renovations are just a dial away!
Owing to the fact that working remotely and distant learning is becoming the standard practice in 2021, our days are ultimately spent at home. Our residential spaces have gone from being our safe haven away from the world, to becoming the arena in which we take part in the world. It’s best to say that at most, our lives outside family functions are now dependent wholly to our home environment.
And what’s a better way to beat boredom and make the most out of isolation than to revamp your spaces into a cozy ambience? Staring at your worn-out walls and flooring for a lengthy period of time now may have piqued a realization that your house desperately needs an overhaul, or perhaps some minimal declutter and re-décor will do. Either way, this is a suiting opportunity to give your home that new glow, and to achieve that aesthetic appeal and comfy atmosphere you’ve always envisioned for your space through Sydney Home Renovations.
And the top home renovations sydney trends for this year are on the same wavelength to this. These new discoveries serve as a stark reminder of how humans have always adapted to change in their own way. From work and fitness to entertainment and hobbies, all you need is a little bit of imagination and creative pursuit to spice up your homes and make it cozier than it has ever been.
To prep you up in your home quarantine project, you might want to check out these up-and-coming stylish Sydney home renovations incorporated this season. You may never know, but this could just be the sign you need to get that internal home renovations you’ve been eyeing on!
1. Sustainable Modifications
With the amount of rethinking the pandemic has got us through, even employing sustainable elements to home living has been recognised as a commonplace among architectural design trends. Incorporating ventilation solutions, energy-efficient appliances, and better home systems will lead you to this desired sustainable living.
Because once you’ve committed to remodeling your home, you’ve already undertaken a green choice by then. Rather than starting from scratch, renovating allows you to repurpose items that are already in your home. Remodeling your home with the sustainability in mind will not only have a positive impact on global energy usage, but can also enhance home management and alleviate expenditures as well.
Having an eco-friendly house can drastically improve the quality of life for you and your family. Because of their energy efficiency, sustainable appliances will help you save money over the long term.
2. Smart Home Upgrades
You can now control practically every aspect of your home down from window blinds, air-conditioning and ventilation, up to your kitchen appliances and lighting system, all thanks to the advent of smart home technologies. Smart Sydney Home Renovations do not only make your home automated, but they also increase its value and future-proof your most valuable asset. And with Quantum Built, the skills and expertise it possess can bring your renovation vision to reality when it comes to Sydney home renovations and other revamping needs.
3. Outdoor Connection
Sydney is recognized for its lovely weather and year-round sun, so there’s a desperate tendency to spend more time outside or, at the very least, to maintain the impression of being outside even while being inside. With that being said, being confined to their homes for extended periods of time has driven Aussies to long for an established sense of the countryside’s ambiance, as it has many other people across the world. There has been a tremendous trend in Australia and elsewhere to include more natural features into the home to incorporate outdoor living. There has been a greater emphasis on bringing the outside in, such as plants on the indoor spaces, and seamless finishes from inside to out. A lot of attention is now being put into constructing attractive outdoor living spaces, which is lovely to see. In addition, fire pits and outdoor cooking units are becoming increasingly popular as a way to expand outdoor living and entertainment possibilities. At the same time, these warm and contemporary accents enhance to the overall appeal of outdoor settings. Using these treatments on a steady growth path can extend your perceived living quarters and experience a more relaxed indoor/outdoor environment.
Now considering revamping your home with these popular trends and designs in Sydney Home Renovations?
If you are in need of some inspiration for your renovation project, our experienced home renovations specialist Sydney, builders and designers here in Quantum Built are more than happy to provide you with some ideas if required. You come to us and outline your vision; we explore the feasibility of your ideas and then get to work.
If you’d like to learn more about us and what we can do for your home, please contact us, call to arrange a free home renovations consultation with our architect. We can then provide you with an obligation free quote for your Sydney home renovations. Prepare to be amazed!
Ready for Some Sydney Home Renovations?
Are you looking for home renovation specialists Sydney wide? Send us a message today, and we can help make your home look luxurious without breaking the bank as we offer the best Sydney home renovations.