The creation of space for comfort and security is a human need. To build a home is a dream where we aspire to raise our family and create numerous and wonderful memories. We are almost at the pinnacle of modernization. Everything is changing and so is the trend for houses. Now, we are not limited to a square wall with a triangle roof. There are endless of possibilities of what shape of your house you want it to be. But sometimes, even if we have built our dream house already there are instances when we try to change something or add up another room. After a year, you might find yourself in need of a mini bar or a new bedroom or even a simple patio on the backyard but where do we find a reliable company who will provide top-quality service? Where do we start? Is it even possible? There are a lot of questions we can think of and we will provide you the necessary questions you need to ask your home renovation specialists here.
WHAT ARE HOME RENOVATION SPECIALISTS?
You might think that someone who likes to build and is handy can be considered a home renovation specialist. They are not simple carpenters only. Home renovation specialists are individuals who have keen sense of style when it comes to the reconstruction of a specific building. As every other job they have the minimum requirements and experience in building maintenance and upkeep. They are considered experts in every aspect of home renovation or home remodelling process which does not limit to bathrooms, living rooms, roofing and the like. They can basically do everything from top to bottom and anything in between when renovating a building. What makes a good home renovation specialist? Experience and knowledge is a common aspect but being able to consult with clients and architects and following blueprint and designs to make the remodelling a success is what makes a good renovation specialist.
When looking to hire a renovation specialist it is very important to make sure that you and your money is protected from fraud and for that to happen here are the important questions you need to ask:
- How will the current situation affect the work? For any events like the pandemic we are in right now, we should always make sure that the situation for both parties is safe. Any delays due to any unexpected situations should be addressed and answered before hiring. How will shipments of the materials be affected? (If there are any materials needed to be shipped from another area), how will the company handle if an employee is infected? The current situation should always be highly considered so that money, time, effort and energy are not wasted.
- How long have you been in business and what are customer feedbacks about your work? Experience is always in question because we do not want to be part of an experiment when working with big projects. Have they done work with the style I have right now? Making sure that they know what they are doing is important as well for your safety. You should also look into their relationship with their past customers and the projects they have done with them because this will paint a clearer picture on how they handle their work. Do they provide top-quality service? Was the customer satisfied with the work?
- Are you licensed for the job? The last thing we want is to face charges from the law just because you haven’t secured if the contractor has a license to work or not. Having a licensed man for the job ensures the job is handled professional and legally. You should always do a background check if they meet the minimum requirements needed for the job. I want to fix my roof, are a licensed roofer?
- How do you make sure your budgets are accurate? There should be a well lay out plan when it comes to budgeting. Accurate budgeting will make sure that construction will run smoothly. A comprehensive estimation process leads to accurate budgets and schedules. There should be a preliminary estimate for in-home consultation and a clear view for the project and a detailed estimate after plans and specifications are finalized. Will I the budget be over or under?
- Can you provide me a timeline of the project? It is good to know when the start is and finish date of the project. A good and organized timeline shows how the work is handled. You should also need to know how proactive they are at identifying potential problems and resolving them before they arise because this will greatly affect the timeline. How long does it take from the preparation to processing done?
- How is the project managed? You should always look into the management and on how they work to ensure that if there is something you want to change or if you have any concerns you want to raise you can always have someone to reach. A close collaboration with the architect and everyone involved is also very important, this will tell you that the project is well manage and nothing is overlooked. How often is my project inspected? Who supervises?
- What materials are used for my project? The materials they are using reflect on how they value their work and their customers. High quality materials results in high quality products. A worker who uses the right materials shows how professional and expert they are with the project. Why is this materials used? What processes are necessary?
- What is work day like? Should I always be at home every time they work? How much noise does the renovation make? These probing questions will let you envision on how work is made and done. It is very important for both owners and contractors to expect before, during and after the project. You as the client also have the responsibility to tell the contractors about the parking situation in the neighbourhood, where are the nearest available outlets, who else will be around during the construction and the like.
After the work is done before approval
- Is the project thoroughly inspected after completion? A well-managed project is always supervised before, during and after. Both parties should always look for any cracked walls, ceilings or floors, if the door is jammed, plumbing issues such as leaks or if the installation is poor. This will ensure that the client is paying his/her money’s worth.
- Is the project long lasting? You need to make sure that the renovation can be updated and upgraded as technology improves, without extensive structural work or damage any meticulous architectural build.
Dealing with this kind of things needs to have well planning to protect your investment, security and safety. Here in Quantum Built, we provide the best Sydney home renovations and professional home renovating specialists in Sydney. Safety and security alongside with high quality service and production is our utmost priority and also providing you with the best home renovation specialists. Quantum Built is here to provide you comfort and security.